Sunday, May 3, 2009

Play-dough


Not really failsafe related - especially not the colouring (but a good use of all those colours in my cupboard!) We had kids coming over today so I made up a batch of play-doh using the TMX recipe on p168 of Everyday Cooking

Ingredients
250g water
100g cooking salt
1T cream of tartar
250g plain flour
20g cooking oil
Food colouring

I used olive oil (need to use it up as not failsafe) and 20g was too much. I'll use 15g next time and may need to go down to 15g. I needed to add more flour.

Method
Put water, salt, cream of T in TM bowl and heat for 5 mins at 60 on speed 3.
Add flour and mix for 40 seconds or until mixture combined and thick. Leave to cool
Set dial to closed lid position.
When dough is cool add the oil and knead for 1-2 minutes on interval speed

Divide into bowls and mix colour through

Verdict. Fantastic playdoh and so easy

No comments:

Post a Comment